Friday 12 August 2011

Iced coffee with vanilla ice cream




I still like my coffee Vietnamese style in the mornings. My way of preserving the holiday feeling in a way. You brew one cup at a time in a small metal drip filter that sits on top of the cup. Just add a good dash of condensed milk and ready. I don't drink it on ice though but hot, purely because it is quicker. And then it's not as hot here as in Vietnam. But for the days when it is hot outside here is a cold sweet treat with homemade vanilla ice cream. You don't need a Vietnamese coffee filter, just brew it the way you always do and let it cool. Serve it over homemade vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and sprinkle with some cocoa powder.
For my vanilla ice cream recipe click here


3 comments:

Charissa said...

Looks fabulous!

I just did a coffee post today too...guess great minds think alike! LOOVVE the photo! Absolutely beautiful!

Jo@jocooks said...

Wow, this looks refreshing. I would love one now, it looks perfect for a hot day.

myFudo said...

wow looks great. So refreshing. Love your photo